Saturday, December 10, 2005

Ah the joys of christmas program rehearsal....All I can say is that I'm glad I'm not the "muscle." Poor guys get roped into it every year....on a happier note, I got to go to Beyond Images today to decide on which of my senior pictures we are buying...and I'm SOO excited for when I get them back at the end of the Month! If you haven't checked them out yet, you can go to beyondimages.com...and then "view my images"... the last name is quast and the ID is 20060012.

On a sadder note, my sister recently told me that Target has banned their employees from saying "Merry Christmas" to their customers, they are now only allowed to say "Happy Holidays" so that they don't offend anyone. She told me to say, "Well, Holidays derives from Holy Day which is Christmas, so Merry Christmas to you, too!"

6 comments:

Bryan said...

Yah, it stinks to be the muscle, but it's worth it to have them...:)

I'd say Merry Christmas anyway just to see if they would fire me. It would be cool.

MsPoppins20 said...

I looked at your senior pictures. I thought that they were really cool. I love the leaves and the fact that you did most of them outdoors. The photographer did a REALLY good job with the poses of the pictures. They will turn out lovely!

Goliath said...

Wow. That's pretty incredible about the Target thing. Kinda sad. I've always liked that store. Not that I'm going to boycott them or anything, but it kinda stinks that tolerance has reached such an extreme. Tolerance, BAH! Hmmm...maybe I feel a post coming on.

I was the muscle at the Christmas program. It's stressful and tough, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I want to do *anything* I can to help in the church. It means a lot to me to feel included. Even if it's something as un-fun as propman.

On another note, I went home sick after the program and felt bad because I wasn't able to help put the sets back in the attic, which is probably my favorite part of the propwork. Don't ask me why, I have no idea...

Mandy Quast said...

probably because that means it's OVER! lol

Goliath said...

Target is also the same store that didn't allow the Salvation Army(the old people with the bells) to sit at the entrace/exit to their stores this year. Their reason why not? Because the Salvation Army is a Christian-based organization and they didn't want to show a bias. Pretty sad, huh?

Mandy Quast said...

Thats terrible....I really don't know what to say!