Friday, January 19, 2007

Wondering about my new headline??

Okay, let's start by saying that my old headline was just supposed to be up until I came up with something witty. Now, a year and a half later, I finally came up with something that I think may suit me a bit better.

I am by no means trying to say that I am a professional photographer, nor am I planning to be in the future--I don't think...... But, I do LOVE taking pictures, and I tend to see the world from behind my camera, even when I don't have it with me.

Today, (well since its almost 1 am now, yesterday), I was looking at the beautiful architecture of downtown Medford as I was walking back to my car after class and wishing that I had my camera to capture it on film...well, nowadays it isn't film, it's a storage card that you upload onto your computer, but you get the idea.....

Everywhere I go....I'm always thinking about how I could capture the moment in still-life....

Whelp, not sure you all cared to know that much. But there it is. Cheerio!

3 comments:

Stacy said...

How funny that you would post on something like that. I find my self doing the exact same thing! Great minds think alike = )

The other day I drove past this old run down barn and in my mind was picture it on a post card or something like that. It was such a great photo opp. the way the light was shinning through the barn, and the way the barn had "fallen apart" it looked AWESOME. Ok so maybe that makes no sense, but thats the way I was seeing it.

MsPoppins20 said...

Haha.. I totally know what you mean. When I took photography in high school, I fell in love and I have been hooked ever since. Now, I almost always carry my camera so that I can capture surprise moments like that. It has also gotten to the point that I miss out on other aspects of an experience because I am too busy taking pictures, so that is something that I should probably work on. The other thing I hate is when you see something beautiful and you know that it won't translate well to a picture at all. It drives me insane! Like the other night I was out in West Seattle along the beach and the moon was full and was reflecting off of Puget Sound, but I knew that without a tripod, I wouldn't be able to get it so I just had to settle for taking a picture with my mind. I should upload some of my black and white stuff from high school, it just requires using a scanner, which is annoying.

Mandy Sue said...

That makes COMPLETE sense to me...because that's exactly what I was talking about when I was downtown...sometimes, as much as I would love to be able to capture things on film....I know that sometimes that just won't do it justice.