Thursday, November 06, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Thanks so much for getting out and VOTING! I'm not going to go into the debate about the turnout of the election (I really hate talking politics on my blog!)

However, on MSNBC there are already preliminary reports that the youth, in fact, DID get out and vote in record numbers.

An estimated 24 million Americans ages 18 to 29 voted in this election, an increase in youth turnout by at least 2.2 million over 2004, reports CIRCLE, a non-partisan organization that promotes research on the political engagement of young Americans. That puts youth turnout somewhere between 49.3 and 54.5 percent, meaning 19 percent more young people voted this year than in 2004.
Sooo...Thanks!!

This marks my first (hopefully not last) weekly Thankful Thursday post. I will be doing at least 3 more through the end of November. If I like how its going, it may become a permanent feature on through a photographer's eye.

This week I am also thankful for:
  1. a car that is reliable
  2. Shoes that don't get soaked through and leave you with wet socks
What are you thankful for today?

No comments: