Sure, I can name a few new things for me, but overall? Not too much worthy of writing down, at least in my opinion. Last night on the news they did a sort of "Year in Review" spiel. You know what the terrible thing was. Almost all of it was SAD. No victories, no amazing heroes mentioned. Nothing. It was almost all devastation, grief, and hate.
Those three school shootings that took place deep in the Amish country.
The baseball player that misdirected his plane and ran into a building, reminding us of that horrible day back in 2001.
The miners that got caught in that horrible accident.
The death toll for our soldiers over in Iraq rising ever more.
Devastation. Grief. Hate.
And throughout the entire presentation I couldn't help thinking of that Jack Johnson song, "The News", about the newscasters that never shed a tear over anything they report about. Even though it seems that 90% of what they report on is sad. Makes ya think, don't it?
On a slightly happier note. Here's my top ten moments in 2006 (Don't worry, most of them are happy, HAPPY things)
- Fell in love with the most amazing guy ever! (that would be Zach, just in case anybody wasn't sure who I was talking about)
- Graduated from High School
- Lost a friend :( Or someone I thought was a friend
- Grew closer to God
- Started College
- Got a job I love (@ Morgan Stanley)
- Survived my first term of College
- Learned what missing someone truly felt like
- Became better friends with 2 people (Matt and Melina-Shoutout to you)
- Been truly touched by someone that I've never met (Elizabeth-I pray for you daily!)