Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Stupid Car!
Ah, the joys of owning a car that has problem after problem with it. We just replaced the alternator and battery 3 years ago, but on Friday night--while I was in Ashland, might I add--my battery charge was running awfully low, and after some consultation with my parents on the phone, they decided I should leave it there. So, I had to call a friend and have them come pick me up and bring me back to Medford. On Saturday, I was able to get it home, and today my dad took it in to be looked at. The verdict:

I need a new alternator.

My car hates me.

Oh, and, an added bonus:

My car has been leaking a very small amount of oil the past couple weeks. I didn't think much of it, but the shop called today to say that the oil has completely saturated my timing belt as well.

Total cost: $1300.

Yay.......

2 comments:

Zachary J. Miles said...

Oh the joys of "first cars." Is it actually possible to get one that doesn't have something wrong with it?

Mandy Sue said...

No, definately not. I think it is a 'rite of passage'. Unless you are a rich kid with parents that buy you a brand new car for your 16th birthday.


Well, we're better off for it, right?