Friday, October 12, 2007

Back Problems
So this morning I woke up, attempted to roll over, and couldn't. Well I knew I 'could', but I also knew that if I tried I would experience excruciating pain. My body was telling me not to, so I braced myself and attempted to sit up. "That hurt," I said to myself.

What kind of 19 year old has such bad back problems that I can't move my neck AT ALL today without sending a horrible spasm up and down my back. I tried taking over the counter meds this morning. No help. I tried using a heating pad. No help. So I went to the doctor, and I will now be going to physical therapy 2-3 times a week for the next 8 weeks. That will be fun to try and schedule around my school and work schedule.

But she did give me more muscle relaxants so that should help tonight. I am waaaay to young to be dealing with this.

And, to cheer me up, on the way home from the doctor, my dad says to me, "just think. If your back is this bad now, imagine what it will be like in 20 or 30 more years."

Thanks dad, I really needed that.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that your back is giving you problems. I can totally relate, only mine was caused from my accident a couple years back.

I hope you are feeling better soon! Relax and don't do anything silly :)