My first meme.
Link back to Jess, who tagged you (What, she didn't tag you? Well link to whoever did)
Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of your own
Tag 6 bloggers to complete the meme.
--I don't even know what a meme is! I suppose it means something like a chain, at least that is the meaning I have interpreted it to be. At any rate, here are 6 facts that either you probably already know, or don't really care to know, but I was tagged and I feel I must complete my task because I hate it when I ask people to do something and then they don't do it. So. Here it is:
1. When I was little, I did gymnastics. I did it for a long time. I was tiny. That does not mean I was good at it. I mean, I did take it for like 7 or 8 years, but I don't think that really made a difference. By the time I decided to quit I couldn't even do a flip or a back handspring. And yet, while I still took lessons, I dreamed of being an Olympian. Nevertheless, there is no gain without pain, and when I got bored of lessons 4 days a week, 3 hours a day, I decided to give it up.
2. I (unofficially) changed my major in college about 5 times before settling on my current (and hopefully last) major. I started out with architecture, moved to elementary school teacher, then to child care, then to college math professor, then to elementary school teacher again, and finally I landed on Psychology. I do NOT plan on being a clinical psychologist someday. I do not plan on going for my doctorate or my masters. So please do not ask me if I am going to psychoanalyze you or make jokes about Freud. There is MUCH more to psychology than this. My official program is Psychology with an emphasis on Human Resources with a minor in Business Administration.
3. I've been told I am incredibly strong-willed. My friend, Cindi, tells me she envies my ability to not care what people think. Well, I don't know about that because I do care, I just don't let it get in the way of standing up for my beliefs no matter what. Because I believe if you can't even stand up for what you believe in, then you don't stand for anything.
4. I LOVE photography. I love how light affects a shot. It always blows me away how much the amount of light versus shadows in the shot change the feeling of the picture. I bought a Canon Rebel XT a few months back, and I love experimenting with it. I'm definitely a novice, but don't be surprised if you see me throwing up some photography every now and then asking for a critique.
5. I hate my freckles about 75% of the time. Mainly because people underjudge my age all the time. I am told that I will appreciate this someday when I'm older, but for now, I don't appreciate being told I look like a 15 year old (haven't been for almost 6 years!)
6. I love to get my creativity juices flowing. I don't claim to be an artist, it's more like I'm kinda artistic. I love to dabble in different mediums, mainly colored pencils and chalk pastels. I also love to do things with my hands and enjoy scrapbooking, and making cards , jewelry, knitting and sewing.
Brooke, Mindy, Zach, Juanita, Stacy, and Bryan