1. Attempt to count down backwards from 100. Actually make it down to 1.
2. Write in journal. Realize nothing exciting happened today. Decide that writing in journal is a waste for today. Rip out page and promptly deposit in recycle.
3. Count (imaginary) sheep jumping over bed (even though in my room they would run into a wall). Concentrate too hard and realize my eyes are actually scanning across my eyelids as I visualize the sheep jumping over bed.
4. Attempt to read book until I feel tired. Unfortunately book is at climax and even though I start to feel tired around minus 20 pages, I plow through and finish book. Tired phase has passed.
5. Fidget ridiculously and hum "I'll be there for you" by the Rembrandts because it is stuck in my head.
6. Song is driving me crazy so I get out laptop and look up lyrics online.
7. Since I have laptop out, even though my eyes are burning and I have to get up in less than 6 hours (and counting) I decide to blog about my insomnia.
I need help. I really do.