Saturday, November 15, 2008

Christmas Shopping

So it is that time of year. Time to spend tons of money on gifts for people. I don't know how I am going to afford it this year. Even narrowing it down to just my immediate family and Zach's I have about 20 people to buy for. Sometimes it really sucks having a big family! giving myself even a $10 limit is $200! I guess money isn't really my main issue though. I am fresh out of ideas. I hate giving gift cards but for the last 3 years I have just given my dad a home depot gift card. This year though, I have an idea for him, its everyone else that is giving me trouble!

What do you get for people who have everything they want?

2 comments:

brooke said...

Yeesh. I feel your pain. My family decided a few years ago when my brother got married that we were just going to draw names. So each person buys gifts for one other person, and we set a limit. In the past it's been $50, but we decided this year to just do $25. I'm pretty happy with it...

Mindy said...

This: http://wickedwoollens.blogspot.com/2008/08/dwarven-battle-bonnet-pattern.html

My brother tends to buy whatever he wants, or wants something so expensive that I can't afford it, so I'm going to attempt knitting for him this year.