Monday, August 31, 2009

Inconsistencies of the Book Variety

(What? It's been 2 months since my last post, you say? I hadn't realized. I'm just going to post, and pretend like I last posted yesterday, if that's ok....OK?)

I'm an avid reader. Sometimes more than others, and I'll tell you right now, I don't just read amazing non-fiction novels about despair and wars and biographies about famous people (though those do strike my fancy every once in a great while) or the classics. At any rate, I have a big gripe when writers change publishers to make more money. Not because they are making more money, but because of the lack of consistency in sizing of books. When they switch publishers all of the old books are re-released in the new publishers' size as well as future books. Apparently James Patterson has changed publishers more than once during the writing of the Women' Murder Club series. Behold, my collection of books one through six:And, just in case you were wondering, this drives me crazy when I have them all lined up on the bookshelf.

What's one of your (everyday) type gripes?

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Isn't that irritating? My wonderful Mary Russell series by Laurie King keeps getting re-released with a cooler cover series, but I don't have the dough to go buy all of them new! Maddening!

Mandy Sue said...

I know, and then there's always the chance that if you DO buy a matching set of all the current books, there's a chance that they'll redo it again before new books coming out. Booo to the book industry!